I was injured at work. Can I claim for compensation?

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 21/08/2013

    flag as inappropriate

    You can make a claim under the Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA). Compensation is payable under WICA on a "no fault basis" as long as an employee suffers an injury arising out of and in the course of his employment. There is a fixed formula in the Act on the amount of compensation to be awarded. WICA covers all employees engaged under a contract of service regardless of salary, but self-employed persons, domestic workers and certain other occupations are not covered. For more information, see http://www.mom.gov.sg/workplace-safety-health/work-injury-compensation/Pages/default.aspx. Alternatively, you may bring a civil suit against your employer if you can prove negligence, but this is likely to be costly and time-consuming.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.


  • I suggest you to consult a workers compensation attorney in your city to know what kind of benefits you are entitled to. Let us know more what you are stuck with. May be we can help you more on this. MarionFord 27/10/2017