i have a brother that is causing trouble in my family. He does terrible things to both my family and myself. I just want to ask if it is possible to use law to make him move out of the house. Thanks for the help.

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 14/06/2016

    flag as inappropriate

    It depends on what you mean by "causing trouble in [your] family". If your brother inflicts violence, you may wish to apply for a Personal Protection Order (PPO) at the Protection Order Services of the Family Court. If there is imminent danger of physical violence to any of your family members, the court may grant an Expedited Order. Alternatively, the court may grant a Domestic Exclusion Order in exceptional circumstances, usually after a PPO has been disobeyed.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.