My late father stated in his Will that his house (solely in his name), be held in Trust for my mum. Does the Title deed of the house need to be amended to reflect this or do we leave it as it is? Tks!

Answer :



    answered on 03/07/2016

    flag as inappropriate

    Generally, your mother's interest in the house will be enforceable against the current registered proprietor of the land. So, you generally do not have to amend the title deed to reflect this trust. Nonetheless, the safest option is always to try to register your mother's name as the proprietor of the land, for the greatest protection.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.