i borrow $3k to a friend and my friend wrote a IOU with name and NRIC that will repay every month in installment but it has been 2 years and I have yet to receive any money. Can I sue my friend and get back the money.

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 26/07/2016

    flag as inappropriate

    Yes, you can sue. However, please bear in mind that litigation costs money and a successful judgment does not mean that your friend will pay - it only means that the Court has ordered him to repay you. You will still have to enforce the judgment against him. Consider whether you will end up spending good money chasing after bad.

    1 person found this useful.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.