If I single-handedly paid in full for my 4 rooms hdb flat and my husband did not contribute a penny towards household bills and raising my son. If we divorce, will he be awarded half share of my flat? Can my son and I continue to live in this flat after d

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 17/08/2016

    flag as inappropriate

    The division of assets during divorce is not based solely on financial contributions. The Court is entitled to consider non-financial contributions. If your husband did not contribute financially or non-financially, then he is unlikely to be awarded a half share. You will be allowed to stay in the flat if you are offered the right to purchase your husband's share and if you can form a family unit after divorce.

    2 persons found this useful.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.