Recently involved in a car crash as passenger and sustained injuries. Driver at fault as he turned without checking. Though I accepted the insurance payout, is it still possible to file small claims against the driver as the claims are now insufficient to

Answer :



    answered on 02/09/2016

    flag as inappropriate

    The small claims tribunal does not hear cases involving damage caused by the use of a motor vehicle. You can make a claim against the driver in Court, but you should check with the insurer first as they have a subrogated right to make the same claim and you should not prejudice that claim.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.