if i own 99% of my house & my current husband 1%, in the event if i die, can my child from my previous marriage or my siblings have any legal rights to dispute with my current husband over the share of this property? if yes then how can i prevent it f

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 15/09/2016

    flag as inappropriate

    Generally, the disposal of your property after your death is governed by your will. Hence, if you wish to provide for your property, you are advised to make a will. If not, the Interstate Succession Act applies and your children would be entitled to a 50% share of your estate (not only this house). Please bear in mind that you are obliged to maintain and provide for your infant children, and the Court can override your will if you fail to provide for them.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.