My ex-wife remarried last year but keeps this fact from me, and I keep paying the maintenance to her for the past one year. So how could I claim this money back and is it a crime?

Answer :



    answered on 07/12/2016

    flag as inappropriate

    This depends on the terms of the maintenance order. If the order provides that maintenance ceases upon marriage, you can make a civil claim against her for the return of the monies. It may potentially be an offence, but it is unclear on your facts.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.