hi, me & my wife rent a room, I pass her $$ to pass to landlord for deposit when I went to work. Now landlord refuse to pay back deposit, so I am filing small claim against her. Can I be the 1 to file against her or my wife needs to file? Thanks

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 19/01/2017

    flag as inappropriate

    This is a matter of privity of contract. As long as you are party to the contract, and the money was given on the understanding that it was for said contract, you may file the action.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.