What is the legall recourse I can take if my tenant breaks his lease and have left the country? Alternatively, if he has not left yet, what legal recourse I can take, assuming all amicable negotiations did not work out?

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 27/01/2017

    flag as inappropriate

    Practically, in either instance, you can sue him in Singapore and apply for judgment against him. The problem with both situations is that if he leaves Singapore (and presumably has no assets in Singapore) is that you will incur costs enforcing the judgment overseas as you will have to enforce the judgment in a country where he has assets.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.