I'm planning to find other job but I am bonded for one year equivalent to 3 times of my salary. Is it possible to quit without paying that huge amount? Please advise. Thanks

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 04/05/2017

    flag as inappropriate

    This would depend on the exact wording of the clause in the contract, and whether it can be construed as a penalty clause (in which case the sum would not need to be paid). However, this is a matter of interpretation of the exact contract you have signed, and it is advisable to contact a lawyer for further advice on this matter.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.