On a Tioman trip with friends and lecturer, I (male) found a spy cam belonging to lecturer. It has images of me in toilet. Will police take up case? Or will have to sue?

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 30/06/2017

    flag as inappropriate

    We are unable to advise on whether the police will take up the case as that would depend on matters of evidence and their assessment of the strength of the case. This is independent of your choice to sue. Further, the remedies under both are different. A police prosecution would not allow you to recover damages or obtain other remedies, if you are interested in that.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.