How can I request for a lump sum maintenance instead of monthly payments as I wanted a clean break, and not worrying that there might be changes in future.

Answer :



    answered on 12/07/2017

    flag as inappropriate

    A request can be made out to the court. As stated in section 115(1) of the Women's Charter, the court has discretion to determine if the maintenance order provides for the payment of a lump sum or such periodical payment. A lump sum payment would usually only be ordered when the husband has the financial means, for example, if he possesses valuable assets.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.