Can i file against father of child for maintainence if he did not claim he does not want to bear the responsibility but yet uncontactable?

Answer :



    answered on 02/08/2017

    flag as inappropriate

    Assuming that you have received a maintenance order from the Family Court for the father of the child to provide maintenance for your child or yourself, and that he has subsequently defaulted on maintenance payments in the time he has been uncontactable, you may lodge a complaint to enforce the maintenance order before a District Judge or Magistrate in the Family Court.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.