I entered into a scam marriage in 2013 and both of us were arrested and sentenced. She was deported in January 2014 and since then lost contact. Now I want file for divorce and I like to know how to proceed without incurring high legal cost

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 13/05/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    Section 11A of the Women's Charter provides that marriages of convenience (including sham marriages) registered on or after 1 October 2016 is void. As your marriage was in 2013, your marriage would be recognised as a valid marriage and you will need to file for divorce. In order to file for a divorce in Singapore, you must prove that the marriage has irretrievably broken down. You will then have to file the writ for divorce, statement of claim and a statement of particulars in the Family Justice Courts, subject to approval.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.