I lent money to an overseas property developer via an intermediary based in Singapore. The loan has matured and they have not paid me back. Can I sue the local intermediary to recover the funds? How else to recover?

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 20/07/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    Yes you can. If there is a contract, you can claim compensatory damages for breach of contract. You will then be able to recover the funds since that is what you are entitled to if the contract was properly performed. Alternatively, this seems to be a clearcut case of fraud. You can go under criminal law for breach of trust (penal code).

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.