Me and my ex-husband (Both Malaysian) were married in Singapore 6 years ago and were divorced in Malaysia. Do we need to recognize/ endorse the foreign decree in Singapore to dissolve our marriage?

Answer :



    answered on 20/12/2017

    flag as inappropriate

    Yes; potentially, the courts may recognize your foreign decree on the grounds that you are Malaysian and the divorce judgement was hence granted by a court of your domicile, that the court exercised jurisdiction in the same way that a Singapore court would have, or that there is a real and sufficient connection between the court and you and/or your ex-husband.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.