I have lent a friend $1330 but he is not paying me back. Can this case be settled under the jurisdiction of the small claims tribunal? What should I put under "nature of dispute" ?

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 03/02/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    It is unlikely that such a case can be settled by the small claims tribunal as they only have jurisdiction to hear certain categories of cases, including contracts for sale and purchase or provision of services, torts for property damage, refunds of motor vehicle deposits, and contracts relating to leases of residential premises not exceeding 2 years.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.