Landlord breached contract and refuse to return deposit. Filed for SCT but failed to issue order bcos we dk his home address. What can we do?

Answer :



    answered on 13/03/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    You could try issuing the order via substituted service. That is a means of service, usually by newspaper advertisement, or delivery to last residential or business address, to inform the defendant that he is being sued when it is impractical to effect personal service. You must demonstrate by way of affidavit why you believe that the attempts at service were reasonable, and the court would not grant the application for substituted service unless it is satisfied that the proposed method will, in all reasonable probability, be effective to bring knowledge of the document to the defendant.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.