What can the beneficiaries do to get the executor of our father's will to distribute the assets? Ad he is delaying and ignoring our request. Regards and thanks. HL

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 13/05/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    The person appointed as executor in the deceased person’s will may refuse or renounce the appointment. If this describes your situation, then the closest next of kin may get Letters of Administration in order to administer the estate. This person would be known as the administrator.

    If, on the other hand, the person appointed as executor has taken up the role executor, then he may be sued for breach of their executor's duties. However, it is best to engage a probate lawyer to ascertain whether the executor breached his duties and whether the damages which may be awarded makes suing the executor a worthy cause.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.