I attended a part-time diploma course that was sponsored by my company. I did not complete the course and have also resigned. My signed contract did not state anything regarding this course or any bond. Does the company have any right to ask me to pay the

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 16/05/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    Generally, the employment contract or study sponsorship contract will state the terms of the sponsorship (usually including the course must be completed in a certain number of years, and the employee is bonded to the company thereafter). Since there are no such terms, you may wish to discuss the consequences of not completing the course and your resignation. The company has a strong ground to recover the monies paid, since you have not provided any consideration (benefit) to the company.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.