what should i do after filing memorandum of service

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 05/06/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    After filing the memorandum of service, if the defendant does not file a Memorandum of Appearance within the time limit for appearance (the varying time limits may be found in Order 12 rule 4 of the Rules of Court), you may apply for judgment in default of appearance under Order 13. Further elaboration of types of judgment under Order 13: if your claim was for a liquidated demand only, then you would go under Order 13 rule 1 and obtain a final judgment against the defendant. If your claim was for unliquidated damages only, then you would go under Order 13 rule 2 to seek interlocutory judgment against the defendant, for damages to be assessed and costs. Where it is a mixed claim, you would go under Order 13 rule 5, and enter judgment.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.