Can I ask for a portion amounts from a sales for a HDB unit once I file for a divorce

Answer :



    answered on 09/06/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    The division of matrimonial assets is settled as an ancillary matter after the filing for a divorce. After filing for a divorce, the court may grant an Interim Judgment to dissolve the marriage. Only then will the case move on to ancillary matters such as the division of matrimonial assets. Assuming that the HDB unit is a matrimonial asset, the sale proceeds would be reflected in the Affidavits of Assets and Means. Therefore, the proceeds would be divided during the hearings on ancillary matters. For more information on the division of matrimonial assets:

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.