My car dealer admitted in recorded phone call that he submitted longer loan tenure than I wanted. Can I revert the loan?

Answer :



    answered on 15/07/2018

    flag as inappropriate

    If you signed the loan document, then you cannot escape from your contractual obligation even in cases of fraud or misrepresentation. It may be possible to plead the defence of non est factum, that the written agreement was radically different from what you believed you were signing and that you had taken care in signing the document, if you are illiterate, for example. Otherwise, you may be able to sue the representative that dealt with you for fraud or misrepresentation, for inducing you into entering the loan agreement. The success of your action will depend on the circumstances.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.


  • Sir, just a question - would the telephone recording be admissible in court? Thank you weilchua 18/07/2018