Hi, I own a private limited company and recently obtained the court order from small claims for an amount of $5,000 SGD against another private limited company who has not paid up. What can I do if the registered office is no longer there?

Answer :

  • http://legalhelp.com.sg/cache/img/201301/no-image.76x72.crop.jpg


    answered on 29/12/2014

    flag as inappropriate

    You will still be able to proceed against the defendant even if the registered office is closed down. Your first step would be to apply for an examination of judgment debtor against the defendant's director. However, there may not be any assets left in the defendant so you may want to consider whether this is worth the cost.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.