My husband has incurred debt in China. Is the lawyer in China able to demand his legal wife to sell her property in Singapore to pay his debt?

Answer :



    answered on 11/12/2014

    flag as inappropriate

    This is unlikely but depends on Chinese law, which we are unable to advise on.

    1 person found this useful.

    Did you find this post useful? Please provide your feedback by clicking on the link above.


  • Thank you so much for your reply. Really appreciate it! I have contacted a China lawyer prior to submitting the above question but was told to check with Singapore lawyer. He mentioned that there may be a bilateral agreement between these 2 countries. BTW, the property was purchased after the marriage. Thank you for helping! grace5 11/12/2014